Following 3 factors are responsible for explosions in pyrolysis plants:
- The reactor will create methane, ethane, propane, butane and so on from the tires / plastic during heating. These gases should be prevented from re-entering the reactor.
- Leakage of Oxygen into the Reactor. Most Critical.
- Lack of Process Control.
When these 3 factors combine, it will cause an explosion.
1) Our Plants have an oil-water separator and an anti-Flashback device which contains water in it; it will stop the hydrocarbon gas from returning back to the reactor. This eliminates the first factor.
2) Our Machines have vacuum ejectors which can be run before opening the reactor carbon door for deslagging of carbon black. Our machine can discharge carbon black and slagging automatically.
3) Process is controlled by Automatic Pyro oil burners. Incase of high temperature & pressure the burners can be swithched off.
Human errors are the main reason apart from the above factors for explosions. Following proper procedure for opening the door will eliminate the risk to a great extent.